Student Career Navigators
We are excited to continue the Student Career Navigators (SCN) group for the 2015-2016 Academic year at the University Career Center (UCC). Joining SCN is an excellent way to give back to the university, boost your resume, make connections across campus and with employers, and learn about the services the UCC provides through hands-on activities that will benefit your own career development.
SCNs are the face of the University Career Center, representing the student population and reaching out to diverse campus populations. Students will serve as a liaison to the KU campus about career opportunities and professional development. Their primary goal is to educate students about the University Career Center opportunities and events such as the Internship Fair, the University Career Fair, the Part-time Job Fair, the Volunteer Fair, etc. SCNs will assist in marketing the UCC to fellow students; organization responsibilities will include presenting programs to campus organizations, facilitating focus groups geared towards improving the UCC’s marketing campaign, and other tasks assisting the UCC.
- SCNs have the opportunity to gain regular personal professional development while advocating for others to utilize the UCC.
- They will have easier and more convenient access to opportunities such as resume building, career advice, job searching strategies and advice on/help with gaining international experience.
- SCNs will be provided various professional development workshops throughout the year, while contributing to the work done at one of the top 25 career centers in the country.
- They will gain experience in marketing and communication.
The application cycle for the SCN program is now open: apply today!
As a SCN, each month you are required to do:
- Attend monthly meeting (1 hr)
- Choose (4) of the following (up to 2 hours a month):
- Participate in tabling event
- Volunteer for career fair event
- Share or post about event on social media
- Pass out handouts for events
- Get someone else involved in SCN
- Make announcement at another student group meeting
- Make announcement in a class about an upcoming UCC event
Each semester, you are required to: