As a veteran, you are part of a unique population. Unlike many traditional college students, you have already had training and job experience in the military. It may not be easy, however, to connect those experiences with potential majors and future job targets.
We recognize that the transition from the military to college and civilian life can present challenges. The UCC has resources that may be of particular interest to veterans, as well as military dependents such as spouses and children.
LinkedIn can help you connect with military officers outside of the classified online system you were used to having while in service. Create a strong profile and connect with superiors so that if you need a reference or letter of recommendation when you graduate, you can still contact that person.
- Veterans Employment Center - A resource to help connect veterans and their families to career development opportunities
- Veterans Job Search Guide - A veteran's guide to job hunting in the civilian world
- usajobs.gov - Job and internship listings within the Federal Government
- Grow with Google (for military service members and their spouses) - A tool to search “jobs for veterans” on Google and enter your military occupational specialty code (MOS, AFSC, NEC or rating) to see relevant civilian jobs
- 100,000 Jobs Mission - A list of over 140 companies looking to hire veterans
- Feds hire vets - Federal employment information for Veterans, transitioning service members, and their families
- ClearanceJobs.com - Matches job seekers that hold active or current Department of Defense, Department of State, and Department of Energy security clearances to hiring employers and recruiters looking for skilled cleared candidates
- ClearedJobs.Net - A growing job board for professionals with security clearances looking for jobs in the defense and intelligence community
- HireVeterans.com - Connecting U.S. military veterans with civilian careers
- civilianjobs.com - An online networking solution for U.S. soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines that are currently transitioning from the military as well as veterans with varying amounts of business experience
- GI Jobs Magazine - A premier publication for military transitioners. It provides education, transition assistance, and job opportunities for military vets. This is a must see!
- HireHeroesUSA.org - Career placement assistance to all returning service men and women
- vetjobs.com - Resource for those transitioning from the military, National Guard, Reserve Component Members, and veterans that have separated over the last several decades and are now productive members of the civilian work force in all disciplines
- TAOnline.com - The largest single source of transition assistance information and tools for today's separating military. On this transition assistance web site service members, both prior and current, can find the resources needed to transition from their much appreciated military service, to the perfect civilian career. Contains resume information, transition locator, job hunting advice, and relocation information
- National Resource Directory - Resource to connect wounded warriors, service members, veterans, and those who support them, including information on benefits & compensation, education & training, and employment
- Military.com (monster Veteran Employment Center) - Free resources to connect and inform the Americans with military affinity, including active duty, reservists, guard members, retirees, veterans, and family members
- Let's Go Solar -Strategic opportunities for training and jobs after military service
- careeronestop Veterans ReEmployment - Occupation Info and transition assistance
- MilitaryOneSource - Transition assistance program for those getting ready to transition out of the military
- National Resource Directory - eBenefits, your gateway to benefit information
- American Corporate Partners - Free career counseling and mentoring for returning veterans
- United States Department of Labor - The Recovery and Employment Assistance Lifelines (REALifelines) Advisor provides veterans and transitioning service members wounded and injured as a result of the War on Terrorism, and their family members, with the resources they need to successfully transition to a rewarding career.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation Hiring Our Heroes - Information for veterans, spouses of veterans, and employers
- Marine for Life - A resource to help connect marines with opportunity