Workforce Recruitment Program
What is WRP (Workforce Recruitment Program)?
It is a recruitment program for students and recent graduates with disabilities, and serves as a primary pipeline for bringing new talent into the federal government.
What are the benefits of participating in the WRP?
- Find an internship or permanent position at federal agencies
- Explore careers in the federal service
- Gain interviewing experience
Who is eligible for WRP?
- US Citizen
- Have an intellectual disability, physical disability, or psychiatric disability (verified by a licensed professional)
- Current, full-time, degree-seeking, post-secondary student
- Alumni who graduated NOT before April 2018
How to register?
- Navigate to wrp.gov and click on Student Registration.
- Complete the “Student Self Registration” page.
- Student Registration needs to be approved. The career coach at SAC, Jamie Abrajan, will be checking and approving the names daily.
- After it has been approved, students will receive an e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org containing: Username: (the e-mail you used to register) / Password : (temporary password).
- Change the temporary password to a permanent password.
- Upload a transcript by following these steps.
- Log into my.ku.edu
- Click on My Progress
- Click on Print Advising Report
- Save and upload the Advising Report as transcript
- Upload a resume.
- Students will receive an e-mail from Jamie Abrajan containing confirmation of their completed application and information on the interview with WRP recruiter
Remember of these important dates!
Aug 24th: Registration opens
Oct 14th: Registration closes
Oct 15th: Last day to upload your transcript and resume (if you have registered)
Have any questions or need help with your resume?
Contact or set up a meeting with Jamie Abrajan: email@example.com / 785-864-6980