About the UCC
The University Career Center (UCC) offers a wide range of quality services designed to support and challenge students at all points on the career development and implementation path. Specifically, the career coaches provide individualized career coaching services, quality career planning courses, outreach programs, the most comprehensive collection of career resources on campus, a first-class website and numerous opportunities to connect with leading employers from around the country and the world.
Hours, Location, & Contact Information
Monday-Friday; 8am - 5pm
Drop-in hours (fall and spring semesters only): Monday-Friday, 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
***Drop-in hours are for quick questions about your resume, CV, cover letter, graduate school essay, etc.
206 Summerfield Hall
1300 Sunnyside Avenue
Lawrence, KS 66045
Need help outside our office hours? Check out the quick videos and helpful resources in Jayhawk Ready--a tool to help you with our career development needs!
Where do I start?
The University Career Center offers several online resources to help with your career needs. Our comprehensive website has a variety of information within the “Students” area that can answer basic questions and lead you to helpful resources.
You may find many of your questions can be answered through these helpful guides:
- Resumes, References, and Cover Letters
- Preparing for Job Interviews
- Strategies for a Successful Job Search
LEARN with Jayhawk Read
Jayhawk Ready has brief instructional videos and content that helps you Explore, Prepare, Implement, and Connect. Log in using your KU online ID and password to start learning how to write a resume, prepare for a career fair, negotiate salary, and so much more! Pick and choose what you want to view based on your needs.
EXPLORE with HireJayhawks.com
Log into HireJayhawsk.com using your KU online ID and password.
- post your resumes for employers to access
- search and apply for part-time and full-time jobs and internships
- sign up for on-campus interviews
- request appointments with a career coach
- access password protected resources such as Going Global
- practice interviewing via the Impress mock interview tool
- build a resume via Enhanced Resume Builder
Need some face-to-face time?
CONNECT during Drop-in Hours
Stop in to visit with a career coach or career center specialist, M-F, 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. during the fall and spring semesters. Drop-in hours offer flexible, convenient consultations with no appointment needed!
- ask a quick career-related question
- have your resume or cover letter reviewed before you submit application materials
- ask some general questions about an upcoming interview
- receive an overview of our career assessments
- explore online resources including HireJayhawks.com, Jayhawk Ready, and our career exploration tools
- have someone look at your LinkedIn profile
CHAT with a Career Coach
You may schedule an appointment with a career coach M-F, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Our career coaches are able to help you with a variety of career needs.
Schedule online or by calling 785-864-3624. More appointment times may be available than are represented online. If you don't see a time online that will work for you, please call!
Prior to your appointment, check out the Jayhawk Ready milestones related to the type of appointment you will be having. The videos and content are brief and will provide basic background information to help you prepare for your appointment and enrich the conversation you have with your career coach.
- Resume Review
- Cover Letter Review
- Job Search Resources
- Internship Search
- Interview Preparation (non-mock)
- Job Offer/Salary Negotiation
- Graduate or Professional School Application or Exploration
- Career Assessment Interpretation
- Career/Major Exploration
- Job Search Exploration/Focus
- Mock Interview
If you are a student needing job or internship search assistance are in the School of Engineering, School of Journalism, or School of Business please go to the corresponding website for instructions on how to request an appointment with a career coach in that office.
Engage through Career Community Programs
The UCC offers scheduled collaborative learning sessions on various career-related topics tailored to the six career communities. If you are interested in a session, please come!
View the current list of programs for each community:
- Artists, Designers & Performers
- Communicators & Leaders
- Educators & Helping Professionals
- Scientists & Technologists
- International Professionals & Public Servants
- Health Professionals
Our Mission and Vision
- Educate students about the career development, planning, and implementation process
- Connect students with employment and experiential learning opportunities
- Develop partnerships with administrators, faculty, alumni, & employers on projects that enhance career opportunities for KU students
To be recognized as a premier provider of career services that results in our students leading more meaningful, purposeful lives.